A miscellany of paintings I cannot think to put elsewhere
I found a picture in the Daily Telegraph in August of St Michael’s Mount, Cornwall which took my fancy so I had a go at it. I did 4 test pieces to see what combination of paper and paint would work the best. All are included here. All these paintings have been produced using Royal Talens Rembrandt watercolour.
- Two test pieces. On the right on Eggshell tinted Bockingford NOT 140lb. Colours used Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Neutral Tint.
On the right on Oatmeal tinted Bockingford NOT 140lb. Colours used Lemon Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Permanent Mauve, Light Red, Yellow Ochre, Neutral Tint.
- Two test pieces. On the left on Grey tinted Bockingford NOT 140lb. Colours used Indigo, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Neutral Tint, Permanent Mauve.
On the right on White Bockingford Extra Rough 200lb. Colours used Ultramarine, Cadmium Yellow, Neutral Tint, Permanent Mauve, Yellow Ochre.
- The finished work.
Painted on White Bockingford Extra Rough 200lb (I had not got any grey paper stretched) on half imperial size. Painted in about one and a half hours working mainly wet into wet. Only the castle and the tops of the trees were worked wet on dry. Colours used Ultramarine, Cadmium Yellow, Neutral Tint, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Mauve, Light Red.
- On two separate trips to the Royal Free I found a car park near the Heath in which to Park. On the left a watercolour on 140lb Langton NOT using Rembrandt Indigo, Yellow Ochre, Light Red and Winsor Yellow. On the right the same tree from a different angle painted using Atelier interactive acrylic, starter set.
- My second painting using Interactive Acrylic. This painting took about 6 hours to complete. The subject is interesting.
Aged 13 years I starting driving tractors and I started on an old grey ‘Fergie’. The MF35 was the second tractor I drove.
The rear wheels are a little out of proportion but I think I have been able to capture the essence of the dished hub. I did make one small change from the original from which this picture was painted. The tractor grill had been painted red but I chose to paint it grey to match the manufacturers paint scheme for this model.